Table of Contents
One of the key aspects for improving competitiveness and achieving goals within a company is the management of work teams. In this article, we will focus on this issue and especially on 5 key points to manage your work team.
What are the best team management practices for optimal productivity results? This question does not have a simple answer, because regardless of the size of the team we need to organize and coordinate, we need to know the context in which we are going to operate, as well as certain endogenous aspects to achieve the success of the group. More and more people on luminablog.com are asking questions regarding this question.
How to manage people and increase productivity
Have you ever wondered how much harmony within a team affects the business? Think for a moment. I’ll give you an example. Suppose your team is made up of 8 people. Each person has specific tasks and they all work towards a single goal. This issue is also discussed when we talk about US internet providers.
Every self-respecting team needs a good team leader, strong head and reference point, able to empower, trust and lead the team. Not everyone is born to be a dress and the risk is to find themselves wearing a dress of a few extra sizes. If you sometimes experience this feeling, we recommend that you read this small list of features that a good leader should have.
A good manager:
- Communicate. Communication with your team is essential, the good boss communicates throughout the process, from creation to completion of the project. It becomes important to organize structured meetings that need to be planned, prepared, and conducted according to a precise schedule. Following careful planning will help optimize time and results, avoiding the “loss” of precious time.
- Share decisions. The leader should not choose alone, in the face of new initiatives and changes in strategy, he should involve all members in the discussion. A good tool for gathering team ideas, opinions, and opinions is brainstorming.
- Consider talents. The good boss knows all his members and draws up the work plan with them. In the subdivision of tasks, tasks should be entrusted not only based on skills and abilities but also the passions and ambitions of the individual.
- He trusts his team. Especially in the context of creative tasks, knowing that you trust your boss, for example when it comes to solving problems or meeting deadlines, promotes self-esteem and, consequently, the creativity of individuals.
Top tips for managing your team
Here are the most important tips on the good and fair management of business teams. It is recommended to take them into account to be successful in the long run.
1. Plan and set goals
One of the key points in team management is the clear and orderly definition of the objectives to be achieved, with specific deadlines and times. It is very important to detail how each team member contributes to achieving these goals, which will also help motivate them.
2. Recognize their effort and dedication
We all like to be recognized for our work, so this is a very important point so that the motivation of team members does not decrease and is always under the premise of offering compliments in public and private reprimands.
3. Be true to your word
Finally, you should always stay true to your word and keep your promises. If not, you will lose all the confidence of your team, their motivation, and loyalty, both to you, as a team manager, and to the project itself.
Trust your team: there are always exceptions, but if team members are motivated, appreciative and like what they do, you don’t have to be in the first place. They will be managed very well without rigorous controls or unnecessary pressures. Convey that confidence, motivate them and teach them what you are looking for from them.
4. Improve your team building
Team building is the number one resource for improving a team’s performance. When we talk about team building, we refer to the process of transforming a group of individual employees who become a cohesive group. It is undoubtedly the best way to strengthen the cohesion of a team, eliminate friction and promote dialogue and mutual listening. A cooking class, a boat trip, an escape room: there are many activities you could do to strengthen the team.